Trauma / Emergency Care at Christ Hospital is an exclusive center committed to provide immediate treatment in any emergency. All the Emergency Medicine doctors, trauma surgeons and support staffs are trained to deal with cases from minor injuries to patients requiring advanced trauma care.
The primary objective of the centre is to provide acute care to injured patients. This centre provides round-the-clock service with 24 x 7 accesses to modern operation theatres, a fully stocked 24-hour pharmacy & imaging and diagnostic tools for immediate and accurate diagnosis of the patient’s condition. The emergency care staff are specially trained and equipped to respond to patients who need immediate and prompt medical care.
- Tertiary trauma centre with a trauma team, including neurosurgery, orthopedics, general surgery and anesthesiology
- Emergency operation theatre, triage room, trauma bay, transit ward, a pneumatic system for blood investigation, and shock room that is exclusively meant for cardiac arrest patients for CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- Ventilators, cardiac monitors, biphasic defibrillator and all the emergency equipments and drugs required to handle every emergency.
- Mobile X-Ray unit, an ultra sonogram and CT & MRI facility.
- The hospital offers 24/7 ambulance services and has an ambulance control room.
- Zero-infection environment, Zero-infection certified blood and blood components and many other critical factors, imperative in critical care treatment
- 24-hour pharmacy
The Center is equipped to handle all emergencies ranging from minor to major medical and accident emergencies, including:
- Environmental emergencies like drug abuse/ poisoning
- Emergency care for elderly / handicapped, terminally ill or patients with multi-system failures
- Treatment of mass causalities and disaster victims
- Simple procedures like wound suturing, incision and drainage, dressing, application of plaster of Paris casts
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation, securing central venous access, facility for treating poly -trauma and severe head injuries.