The Department of Critical Care has 63 beds in all, with a high dependency unit (HDU).
The team comprises Chief Intensivists, Junior Intensivists and Senior & Junior resident doctors and well-experienced and trained nursing & paramedical staff with an ongoing training and educational programme at all levels.
- Multi channel monitoring including ETCO2, Bispectral index, pulmonary arterial pressure.
- Cardiac output monitoring.
- Bedside ABG analysis in each unit.
- ICP monitoring.
- Bedside EEG, EMG –NCV studies, 2D Echo, Sonography & Doppler studies in co-ordination with other departments
- Hemodialysis, SLED, CRRT, IABP, Pulmonary catheter, Temporary pacing-intravenous & transcutaneous.
- Sophisticated ventilators-both for invasive & non invasive ventilation
- Proximity to OT complex and Cathlab, CT scan, MR Imaging.
- Resuscitation equipment, maintenance of crash carts & defibrillation equipment and advanced airway devices.
This unit caters to a cohort of patients from different specialties like General medicine, General surgery, Orthopedic surgery, Gynecology & Pediatrics and Super specialities i.e. Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neurology, Cardio thoracic and Vascular surgery, Urology, Neuro surgery, Pediatric surgery.
The team attends to casualty and resuscitation calls from the hospital. Efforts are made to adhere to and train the junior medical and non-medical staff in protocols to ensure quality assurance as set by the international standards